ANNOUNCE YOUR EVENTS
Do you have something to announce? If your club, church or other organization is planning a meeting, fundraiser, festival or other special event, let your neighbors know! Send information to the Tri-County Citizen, P.O. Box 158; Chesaning, MI 48616, or fax information to (989) 845-4397. Notices may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information must be received by 5 p.m. Wednesday to be published in the following Sunday’s paper.
• MAPLE GROVE TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, March 20, in the township hall, 17010 Lincoln Road.
• MONTROSE TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 21 in the Township Hall, 139 S. Saginaw.
• CHESANING VILLAGE COUNCIL will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 21, in the council chambers at the village office, 1100 W. Broad Street.
• ST. CHARLES VILLAGE COUNCIL will hold a special meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 22, in the council chambers at the village office, 110 W. Spruce St., St. Charles.
CLUBS AND CIVIC GROUPS
• The TAYMOUTH TOWNSHIP HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION meets on the third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Taymouth Township Library, 2361 E. Burt Road, Burt.
• On Sunday, March 26, at 2 p.m., Sally Labadie, of Bancroft, will be presenting a program at the SHIAWASSEE COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM on the extraction of the mastodon bones which were found in Mayville. A volunteer at the University of Michigan’s Museum of Natural History, Labadie has much experience in this field. Paleontologists believe the mastodon bones Labadie helped dig up are between 10-14,000 years old. The Shiawassee
County Historical Society Museum and Archives building is located at 1997 M-52, Owosso. Everyone is invited to attend. Light refreshments will be served. The building is handicapped-accessible.
FOOD AND FELLOWSHIP
• The Owosso ZCBJ annual HOMEMADE DUMPLING SALE is going on now by pre-order only. The cost is $7 for a bag of two dozen dumplings. Orders must be placed by noon on Monday, April 3, with pick-up on Thursday, April 6 from noon to 5 p.m. Call Janet at (989) 723- 5926 or Joe at (517) 290-1015 to place an order.
• There will be a PALM SUNDAY DINNER on Sunday, April 9 at the Owosso ZCBJ Hall, 1775 Owosso Ave., Owosso. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. with dinner served from noon to 2 p.m. The cost is $15 for adults, $4 for children ages 6-10, and free for ages 5 and under. The dinner will be by prepaid reservations only. No tickets will be sold at the door. Call Joe at (517) 290- 1015 or Janet at (989) 723-5926 for tickets. The deadline is Wednesday, April 5.
• The Montrose Eagles Club, 11416 Vienna Road, Montrose, will host BREAKFAST on Sunday, March 26 from 9 a.m. to noon. The cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children ages 4-12, and free for ages 3 and under. For take-outs, call (810) 639-5886.
• There will be a HAM AND TURKEY SUPPER with all the homemade fixings on Saturday, April 8 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at the Chapin United Methodist Church, 19848 S. Chapin Road, Chapin. Take-outs will be available. A free-will offering will be collected. Proceeds will go to the building maintenance fund.
• The Memorial Healthcare free DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP will meet on the fourth Friday of each month at 1 p.m. at the Durand Senior Center, 8750 Monroe Road, Durand. For more
information, call (989) 729-4712 or (800) 206- 8706, ext. 6655.
• The Memorial Healthcare PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP meets on the third Monday of the month from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Community Room at the Memorial Cancer Center, 721 N. Shiawassee St., Owosso. For more information, call (989) 729-4786.
ODDS & ENDS
• The St. Charles District Library, 104 W. Spruce St., is having its SPRING BOOK AND BAKE SALE on Wednesday, April 19 from 2 to 6 p.m., and Thursday, April 20 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be a variety of books for children and adults. The cost is $3 per bag (bags provided). There will also be homemade baked goods for sale. The sale is sponsored by the Friends of the St. Charles District Library. For more information, call the library at (989) 865-9451 or email email@example.com.
• The QUARTERLY FOOD DISTRIBUTION form the Saginaw County Community Action Committee will be at the St. Charles United Methodist Church on Tuesday, March 21 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Participants should bring identification.
• ST. CHARLES COMMUNITY SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 22, in the conference room, 891 W. Walnut Street, St. Charles.
• NEW LOTHROP AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, March 20, for a regular meeting in the High School Library, 9285 Easton Rd., New Lothrop.
• RE/MAX New Image presents TRIVIA DARE FOR CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK, a fundraising event, on Friday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the Saginaw Eagles Club. It will be a night of
trivia with a $500 grand prize and four category winning prizes. The cost is $50 per team of two, with a free appetizer buffet and cash bar. All proceeds will go to the Children’s Miracle Network and Hurley Hospital. For information, call (989) 790-0890.
• A WINE AND BEER TASTING event to benefit the St. Michael Catholic Church 2017 Mission Trip will be held on Saturday, March 25 at 6 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Chesaning. Tickets are available for $20 per ticket at www.eventbrite.com, the parish office and at the door, with hors d’oeuvres and open bar available throughout the night.
BAZAARS AND CRAFT SHOWS
• There will be a SPRING CRAFT BAZAAR on Saturday, April 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the St. Robert Activity Center, 310 N. Cherry St., Flushing. There will be over 100 tables of unique crafts from Michigan crafters. Lunch will be available. Admission is free. The bazaar is sponsored by the St. Robert Council of Catholic Women.
• There will be a FLEA MARKET featuring over 250 tables throughout St. Charles Middle and High Schools on Saturday, March 25 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $1. For more information, call (714) 376-2008. Concessions will be provided by the St. Charles National Honor Society.
• The Montrose Township Senior Center will be hosting a VETERANS DINNER for all veterans and their spouses on Thursday, March 23 at 6 p.m. Veterans are invited to share in a complimentary dinner for them and a guest. A representative from the Genesee County Department of Veterans Services will be on hand to answer any questions. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (810) 639-2822. The senior center is located at 200 Alfred St. in Montrose.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Tri-County Citizen, All Rights Reserved