ANNOUNCE YOUR EVENTS
Do you have something to announce? If your club, church or other organization is planning a meeting, fundraiser, festival or other special event, let your neighbors know! Send information to the Tri-County Citizen, P.O. Box 158; Chesaning, MI 48616, or fax information to (989) 845-4397. Notices may also be e-mailed to email@example.com. Information must be received by 5 p.m. Wednesday to be published in the following Sunday’s paper.
• HAZELTON TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet at 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 13 at the township office, 7505 Orchard St., New Lothrop.
• NEW HAVEN TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet at 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 13, at the township hall, 2705 E. Easton, Owosso.
• CHAPIN TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, at the township hall, 21481 Peet Road, Henderson.
• ALBEE TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, at the township hall, 10645 East Road, Burt.
• SWAN CREEK TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet at 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 13 in the Township Hall, 11415 Lakefield Road, St. Charles.
• OAKLEY VILLAGE COUNCIL will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 14, at the village hall, 205 Parshall St., Oakley.
• ALBEE TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 14, at the township hall, 10645 East Road, Burt.
• MONTROSE CITY PLANNING COMMISSION will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the city office, 141 Parkway St.
• BRANT TOWNSHIP BOARD will meet on Tuesday, Nov. 14, at 7 p.m. in the township hall, at the corner of Brant and Hemlock Roads, Brant.
CLUBS AND CIVIC GROUPS
• The ST. CHARLES AMERICAN LEGION POST 468 meets on the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. in the American Legion Hall, St. Charles.
• The BURT AMERICAN LEGION POST #99 meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Burt Opera House, 12888 Nichols Road, Burt.
• CHESANING SPORTS BOOSTERS will meet on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. in room 401 at Chesaning High School.
• The ST. CHARLES LIONS CLUB will meet on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 6 p.m. at the St. Charles United Methodist Church, 301 W. Belle St., St. Charles.
• The MONTROSE BLUEBERRY FESTIVAL COMMITTEE will meet at 7 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month at the Montrose Depot, 154 W. State St., Montrose. Visitors should contact the festival email at firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to the meeting in order to be placed on the agenda.
• RETIREES of Redmonds, Singer, Controls Company, Allied Motions and Motor Products get together on the second Tuesday of each month at noon to talk of old times and just have fun at Ponderosa Steak House, 1441 E. M-21, Owosso. For more information, contact Betty Muirhead at (989) 845-2175 or Mable Springer at (989) 725-9098.
FOOD AND FELLOWSHIP
• There will be a SOUP AND PIE SUPPER on Thursday, Feb. 16, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at the Montrose United Methodist Church, 158 E. State St., Montrose. The cost is $6. The public is invited.
• The Montrose Knights of Columbus Council #8669 will hold a WILD GAME DINNER at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 22 at the K.C. Hall, 400 N. Saginaw St., Montrose. The dinner will feature squirrel stew, fish chowder, baked raccoon, venison stew, buffalo chili, and elk and pheasant gumbo. There will also be desserts, beverages and a 50/50 drawing. Tickets are $15 and available at the door. Doors open at 6 p.m. Proceeds will be donated to the Montrose Community Schools Outdoor Classroom and Nature Reserve. The public is invited to attend. For more information, call (810) 639-2356.
• The Montrose Order of the Eastern Star #351 will hold an all-you-can-eat SPAGHETTI DINNER on Saturday, Feb. 18 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Masonic Hall, 130 Parkway St., Montrose. The menu will include spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, beverage and homemade dessert for $8. There will also be a 50/50 drawing. The public is invited to attend.
• The Chesaning/Shiawassee River Chapter of Ducks Unlimited will hold its 2017 BANQUET on Friday, March 10 at the Albee Township Community Center, 10645 East Road (M-13), Burt. The doors open at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $80 per couple, $50 per single, $25 per Greenwing. Tickets are pre-sale only and must be purchased by March 3. For tickets or more information, contact Cindy Zietz-Lamaire at (989) 865-6883.
• New Wine Church, 734 Brady St., Chesaning, holds a FREE COMMUNITY DINNER on the third Saturday of the month from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Menus vary each month. Those who may need a ride can call (989) 845-7878.
• There will be a WET BURRITO DINNER at the St. Charles Masonic Temple every third Friday of the month from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The cost is $10. The Masons will also deliver. Call (989) 865-8568.
• The First United Methodist Church of New Lothrop will host a SOUP AND PIE SUPPER featuring homemade soup on Wednesday, Feb. 15, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The cost is $5 for adults, $2.50 for children.
• The Montrose Eagles Club, 11416 Vienna Road, Montrose, will host BREAKFAST on the fourth Sunday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon. The cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children ages 4-12, and free for ages 3 and under. For take-outs, call (810) 639-5886.
• The Memorial Healthcare free DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP will meet from 1 to 2 p.m. on the third Friday of the month at the Owosso Senior Center, 300 N. Washington St.
• Volunteers are needed to deliver MEALS ON WHEELS for the Chesaning Senior Center from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. weekdays. Times are slightly flexible. Call the center at (989) 845- 6565 or drop in at 218 Church St. between 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Ask for Amy.
• ST. CHARLES SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST COMMUNITY CENTER is open the first and third Thursday of every month from 6:30 until 8 p.m. The center is located at the corner of Clinton and Marcy Streets in St. Charles, and serves those who are in need of gently used clothing, household items and furniture (when available). The center also accept donations of gently used clothing, household items and furniture. Interested persons should stop by if they need assistance or have any questions.
ODDS & ENDS
• A free community BEGINNER’S GUITAR CLASS will be held every Tuesday evening at 6:45 p.m. at the Chesaning Seventh Day Adventist Church, 331 S. Clark St. Adults and children are welcome to join. It is recommended a child be at least 9 years old. The size of the guitar and other specifications are important to a child’s success, so for more information, call Kelly Landis at (517) 703-4088.
• There will be a NEW MUSIC JAM at the Marion Springs Conservation Club, 20390 W. Brant Road, Brant, on the second Tuesday of each month from 2-4 p.m. Acoustic instruments only, please. For more information, call Jim Van Luven at (989) 845-6721 or Dave Smith at (989) 865-9393. Admission is free.
• CHESANING UNION SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, at the High School.
• MONTROSE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION will hold a work session and policy meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 14 in the Central Office conference room.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• The next LUNCH AND LEARN presentation by Memorial Healthcare in Owosso will be on Monday, Feb. 20 at noon at the Medical Arts Building, 721 N. Shiawassee St. (M-52) from noon to 1 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Ray Strawser, spiritual counselor for Memorial’s Hospice program, who will be speaking on “Healing From Grief.” Lunch will be provided. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (989) 729-4729 by Feb. 13.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Tri-County Citizen, All Rights Reserved