ANNOUNCE YOUR EVENTS
Do you have something to announce? If your club, church or other organization is planning a meeting, fundraiser, festival or other special event, let your neighbors know! Send information to the Tri-County Citizen, P.O. Box 158; Chesaning, MI 48616, or fax information to (989) 845-4397. Notices may also be e-mailed to email@example.com. Information must be received by 5 p.m. Wednesday to be published in the following Sunday’s paper.
• CHESANING VILLAGE PLANNING COMMISSION will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 25 in the council chambers, 1100 W. Broad St.
• MONTROSE CITY COUNCIL will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 27 at the city office, 141 Parkway St.
CLUBS AND CIVIC GROUPS
• CHESANING LIONS CLUB members will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 25 at the Lions Hall, 17200 Corunna Road, Chesaning.
• MONTROSE AMERICAN LEGION POST #367 will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 25, at the Montrose Senior Citizen Center, 200 Alfred St. Any veteran who wishes to learn more about joining the legion may attend.
• CHESANING ROTARY CLUB meets each Tuesday at noon at Riverfront Grille in downtown Chesaning.
• CHESANING KIWANIS CLUB meets every Wednesday morning at Riverfront Grille, at 7 a.m. Meetings include informational programs. Call (989) 845-6229 for information.
• CHESANING AREA TASK FORCE meets at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 25 at the Chesaning Chamber of Commerce office. The Task Force encourages visitors and welcomes requests to be placed on the agenda. Anyone interested in serving on the Task Force board in the future or seeking information about Task Force can call (989) 845-6061.
FOOD AND FELLOWSHIP
• The Montrose Eagles Club, 11416 Vienna Road, Montrose, will host BREAKFAST on the fourth Sunday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon. The cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children ages 4-12, and free for ages 3 and under. For take-outs, call (810) 639-5886.
• The WFLA-ZCBJ Owosso Lodge #242, 1775 Owosso Ave., Owosso is having a DINNER/DANCE to honor its 50 and 75 Year Members on Sunday, May 7 at the ZCBJ Hall. Dinner will be served from noon to 2 p.m. Tickets are $24 for adults, $6 for children, and free for ages 4 and under. Dancing-only tickets are $10 per person. Entertainment will be provided by The Natural Tones with Rich Lasceski from 2-6 p.m. For dinner tickets only, call Janet at (989) 723- 5926 or Joe at (517) 290-1015. The public is welcome.
• Got a few pounds to lose? Join CHESANING TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) at the Rehmann Health Center on Thursdays at 8:30 a.m. Members win rewards as they lose. Weekly dues are only $1.25. There is a fee to join, and members receive a magazine with recipes, research and support stories each month. The first visit is free. For information, call JoAnn at (989) 845-7198 or Mary at (989) 845-3103.
• WAIST-A-WEIGH, a healthy lifestyle group that has been meeting for 12 years, now gathers at Nativity Lutheran Church, 625 W. Clinton St., St. Charles on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Come to hear a motivational talk and get a low calorie recipe each week. For more information, call June Meisel at (989) 585-3210.
• OAKLEY TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) #1175, a weight-loss support group, meets every Tuesday at Brady Township Hall. Weigh-in is from 5:30 to 6 p.m., with the meeting from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Contact Jane Chrivia at (989) 845-3915 for further information.
• TOPS #MI.1313, Chesaning has moved to St. Michael Campus, 11994 Lincoln Road (back ramp entrance to the office building). They meet on Tuesday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. Weigh-in is at 6 p.m. Call Donna Wendling at (989) 845-6958, or Mae Birchmeier at (989) 845-6605 for more information.
• TOPS Club (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets every week on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the St. Michael Catholic Church office building, 17994 Lincoln Road. Weigh-in is from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Visitors are always welcome (preteens, teens and adults – male and female). First meeting is free.
• NAR-ANON MEETINGS for relatives and friends of drug addicts are held at Holy Spirit Catholic Church, 1035 N. River Road, Saginaw, on Sundays from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Chesaning closed ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS meetings at 8 p.m. on Mondays and 10 a.m. on Thursdays will now be held at the Chesaning Church of Christ, 9996 W. Peet Road (east of town). For more information, contact Tom R. at (989) 845-5623 or Louanne H. at (989) 627- 7866.
• Visit TOPS CHAPTER #9864 free for the first time at Maple Grove Township Hall at M-57 and Lincoln Road. on Thursday at 8:15 a.m. The dues are only $1.70 per week. Participants can win awards as they lose those unwanted pounds. They will receive a TOPS magazine with success stories, recipes, diet tips and medical research articles by doctors and dieticians. Call Jean at (810) 638-5266 or Linda at (810) 639-7455.
• The MID-MICHIGAN CHAPTER OF HEARING LOSS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA meets on the fourth Monday of each month, excluding holidays, at 7 p.m. in Curtiss Hall, Room C129 at Saginaw Valley State University, 7400 Bay road, University Center. For more information, contact Lori Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or Stuard Frohm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Memorial Healthcare free DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP will meet on the fourth Friday of each month at 1 p.m. at the Durand Senior Center, 8750 Monroe Road, Durand. For more information, call (989) 729-4712 or (800) 206-8706, ext. 6655.
ODDS & ENDS
• Family reunions, wedding receptions, open houses or showers can be booked at the new FAMILY LIFE CENTER at Good Shepherd Parish, 400 N. Saginaw St., in Montrose. The spacious facility includes a full kitchen and stylish surroundings. To learn more, call (810) 639-7600.
• The Montrose Senior Citizen Center will be holding a EUCHRE TOURNAMENT every Wednesday from 5 to 8 p.m. Players must be at least 18 years old. No alcohol or tobacco is permitted. Please call (810) 639-2822 to reserve a place to play. The tournaments will be held at the senior center, 200 Alfred St., Montrose.
• The MONTROSE RAILROAD DEPOT is available for rental on Saturdays and Sundays, for a donation of $65. Seating is available for 53 people. For more information, or to reserve the depot, call (810) 639-7500 or (810) 639- 2452.
• Need a LARGE FACILITY to host a birthday party, family reunion, or community event? Nativity Lutheran Church, 625. W. Clinton, St. Charles, has a full kitchen and large hall that can be booked for a reasonable price.
For more information, call (989) 865-9964 for availability and pricing.
• The MONTROSE MASONIC HALL is available for rent. There is seating for up to 120. For information, call (810) 639-9901 or (810) 625-5950.
• A free community BEGINNER’S GUITAR CLASS will be held every Tuesday evening at 6:45 p.m. at the Chesaning Seventh Day Adventist Church, 331 S. Clark St. Adults and children are welcome to join. It is recommended a child be at least 9 years old. The size of the guitar and other specifications are important to a child’s success, so for more information, call Kelly Landis at (517) 703-4088.
• The 28th Annual TOWN-WIDE ATTIC SALES in Chesaning will be held on Friday and Saturday, May 26 and 27. Participants are encouraged to contact the Tri-County Citizen to place classified ads listing their sale locations. Questions regarding the Town Wide Attic Sales may be directed to the Chesaning Chamber of Commerce at (989) 845-3055.
• Chesaning’s Market Off Broad Street will hold its first-ever PLANT EXCHANGE AND SALE on Saturday, May 13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on S. Chapman Street at Broad Street. Market vendors will be on hand to swap and sell starter plants for the garden. There will also be some of the regular market vendors selling their products that day. Interested vendors should call Teri at (586) 212-2983.
• Good Shepherd Catholic Church, 400 N. Saginaw St., Montrose, will host BINGO every Thursday in the Family Life Center. Doors open at 5 p.m. and bingo starts at 6:30 p.m. Concessions will be available. This is a fundraiser to help with expenses of the parish.
• Donations are being accepted for the MONTROSE VETERANS BELL MEMORIAL. Visit www.vetsbell.org for details.
• PRIME TIMERS OF ST. CHARLES and surrounding areas meet for fellowship and bingo from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the fellowship hall of Nativity Lutheran Church, 625 W. Clinton St., in St. Charles. Friends of all ages are welcome, and high school students out for the summer are encouraged to join in. Bring a couple dollars’ worth of quarters and, if possible, a dish to pass for the potluck lunch. For more information, contact the church at (989) 865-9964.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Tri-County Citizen, All Rights Reserved